Thursday, April 21, 2011

Almost There

Just a little more than 24 hours until I board a plane and head off for my man in Marrakesh. I am so freakin' excited and yet so incredibly, ridiculously stressed out (yes, that's why I am here, instead of dealing with anything from the following list). Between now and 6 a.m. Saturday, I have to
  • Figure out what I want to pack
  • Pack said stuff once I figure it out
  • Clean house
  • Get The Dog's stuff sorted
  • Cancel the mail
  • Return some shoes (30-day return policy, and Hooray! I will be gone for more than 30 days)
  • Maybe find some time to tweeze the "eyebrow" and paint the toenails (I hear it is sandal weather over there.)
  • And, worst of all, get through three more chapters of this:
Our life is based on not reconciliation with the situation. Our life is not based on the innocence with the life. Our life, life is not based to be simple straight and smiling, our life is based on action and reaction. In the oriental science of mind it’s called ‘Karma’ if things are right, you respond right. If things are not right you will respond not right. Your preference is in life to balance out one way or the other. Where it comes from?
Really?? Really. It just makes my head hurt.

And honestly, this is one of the more coherent paragraphs. Oy! It's been a heck of a long month and a half slogging through 30 chapters of this. (Just one reason that I've been so quiet around here.) So I say, bring on the coffee and chocolate! Or, better yet, perhaps a strong shot of whiskey, as that might help me better comprehend what the bejesus he is trying to say.

Wish me luck ... please!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment